Deciding to move to Spain is easy; but figuring out how you’ll afford it is a totally different issue. That’s why we’ve devised a short questionnaire to get to the bottom of exactly how different expats around the country see the Cost of Living in Spain.
From Madrid to Málaga, Santiago to Sevilla, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to Palma de Mallorca, we’ll be covering destinations big and small with the help of other extranjeros living and working in Spain.
COMO Consulting’s survey about what it costs to live in Spain aims at giving you an idea of what it will cost to live in different cities and towns around the country, including everything from rent and utilities to entertainment or even the guilty pleasures we always seem to factor into monthly budgets. What isn’t included is healthcare costs, childcare costs or other expenses that one may incur: keep in mind that this is a budget for one person.
Here’s what we’ve asked our respondents:
- What do you do for work?
- What was your living situation?
- How did you find your flat?
- How much was your rent?
- What did you spend on average a month on utilities?
- What cell phone company did you use and what plan did you have?
- What did you pay for internet?
- What did you spend on average a month on groceries?
- Did you have any other sources of income?
- Were you able to save any money and if so how much?
- What was your favorite tapas or pintxos bar and what did you usually order there?
- What was your favorite afternoon coffee or breakfast hangout?
- What was your favorite disco or bar de copas in your city?
- How did you get around?
- What was your favorite thing about living in your city?
- What did you dislike about living in your city?
- How easy was it to travel around Spain and Europe from your city?
- Your guilty pleasure purchases in Spain?
- What are the top attractions in your city?
- What’s something you wish someone had told you before moving to Spain?
Castilla – La Mancha
Castilla y León
All prices are as of late 2015; please hold tight while we continue to update.
Don’t see a city you’re considering here? Want to participate in our survey to tell other about your city? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you!